Khustai National Park Daily Tour
The Khustai National Park (HNP) of Mongolia is a world famous place for its successful reintroduction of Przewalski horses into the Parl. These wild horses roam freely on their original land once again. Thanks to international effort and Dutch Government, several takhis were re-introduced to Mongolian steppe in 90s and its number has increased up to 250 at present.
The Park and its surrounding area have much to offer nature lovers. The Park has become a well-visited attraction for foreign tourists and guests. Small, grassy hills make the area calm and relaxing, and it is perfect for hiking. You'll be enjoyed by the natural scenery of the park spotting the wild horses grazing on the surrounding impressive hills.
- Pick up from your location in Ulaanbaatar.
- Drive to Khustai National Park (82km paved road, 13 km dust road, around less than 2 hours).
- Upon arrival in Hustai Resort , we will be welcomed by the camp staff and visit the national park information centre.
- Hike on the surrounding impressive hills.
- Break for a picnic/lunch (not included in the tour price)
- Together with a camp guide, drive deep into the Khustai Mountain (for around 10 km on the mountain dust road), search for the horses and spot them (if we are lucky). Nevertheless, there are chances to spot wild animals such as deers and certain species of birds.
- Drive back to the camp, have a short break if we have time to return to Ulaanbaatar City.
- Drive back to Ulaanbaatar.
What to Bring
- Hiking clothes,
- Hiking boots,
- Small bottled water,
- Binoculars are a good choice to spot wild animals in the park (optional).
* Note: It might be windy on the hills (specially in winter but it's not Tundra)!
What is Included
- A mini jeep/sedan for up to 4 travellers; a van for over 5 and more travellers,
- Driver/guide and petrol,
- Local guide, and
- Khustai National Park entry fees.
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Travellers will be picked up at their location in Ulaanbaatar City.